Since 2008, Blackboard Reading Series has been incubated by Nancy Manocerhian’s the cell and featured a new Black playwright each month.
We are active on social media and beginning a podcast as an extension of this blog, “Playwright Conversations”.
Blackboard seeks an Intern to assist as a Digital Associate
Current college student – potential college credit for Juniors and Seniors
Primary Internship responsibilities:
- Assist with website upgrade.
- Assist with weekly newsletter creation through iContact.
- Assist with projects that may require social media presence and brand management.
- Assist at monthly reading series -2nd Monday of every Month
- Assist in grant research and donor management
- MUST be Tech Savvy: iPhone, iPad, Macbook, iCloud, iPhoto, PhotoStream, Dropbox. not required that you have these things, but please be comfortable with them.
- MUST be proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Mail.
- Proficiency with Pages, and Adobe Photoshop a plus.
- Social Media proficient: Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Should be forward-thinking and a problem solver.
- Must maintain a very positive attitude
Part Time Flexible Hours 10-12 per week
4 month internship
1 day in Harrison, NY (Westchester County / Metro North)
Other work virtual from home on assigned tasks if necessary through the rest of the week.
The intern must be reliable, computer proficient and feel comfortable working independently.
As an intern with us you will:
-Become familiar with branding and marketing in the entertainment industry.
– Gain exposure and familiarity to many within New York’s Black Theatre Community.
-Have a passion for a grassroots/start-up company and be able to devote your professional life to its growth Responsibilities.
– Social Media Blogging, Social Media Communications, Event Marketing Strategy,
Job Type: Part-time
- Social Media Marketing: 2 years
Payment: NYC Subway monthly and Round Trip Metro North Fare
Please send Brief Cover Letter and Resume to: email@example.com